UPCOMING EVENTS and OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
• April 12 – The Session will meet after worship.
• April 18 – Stewardship Workshop at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 9am – 1pm. Please let Stewardship Elder, Dan Jordanger, know if you have an interest in attending this seminar.
• April 19 – The Rev. Donald Marsden will be with us. He will offer a brief presentation on his work with the Presbyterian Frontier Fellowship during the Adult Sunday School hour (9:45-10:45am in Fellowship Hall). Then, he will help lead us in worship by proclaiming God’s Word.
• April 26 – Enjoy a Fun (Free!) Day at Camp Hanover, 2-6pm. If you are considering signing up for camp this year, this is a great way to check it out. Guests will get to enjoy: s’mores; hayrides; hot dogs; canoes; paddleboats; goats; chickens face painting; 4-square; campfire cooking; hiking; fishing; and much, much more! Camp Hanover is located at 3163 Parsleys Mill Road, Mechanicsville, VA. For more information, visit: http://www.camphanover.org.
• June 15 – 19 – Vacation Bible School, 9am-12noon. Mark your calendars now for this exciting week of fun, during which kids will have a BLAST exploring God’s love through Gospel Light’s SonSpark Labs! Contact Marti Wunsh for more information, 804-837-0450.
• Providence Preschool Open Enrollment 2015-2016 is currently underway! Please help spread the word and direct all inquiries to Preschool Director, Jennifer Cullinan: 804-556-7960; email- jenncullinan@gmailcom; http://www.teacherpage.com/providence.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU …
• To our wonderful choir for adding a joyful sound to our Palm Sunday and Easter worship services.
• To the men who helped provide such an amazing Men’s Breakfast on Easter Sunday. We had a wonderful turnout for a delicious feast!
• To everyone who supported and participated in our Preschool BBQ Dinner! $2,475 was raised and applied to the Playground Project. The balance required to complete this project is $970.
Jane Atkinson; Matthew Wunsh (recovering from surgery); Kevin Conklin, the husband of Cindy Edmonds’ cousin; Lisa Jones’ mother; Betty Gayle Miles; Larkin Murphy’s father, Dewey Murphy; Lyn Peple; Judy Waters (having eye surgery on April 14); the Houck family (in the loss of Dave’s father); Laurel Edmonds.